Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our First Sister's Social

Welcome Everyone ... I'm Terri and I'm thrilled to be your hostess for today's "Sisterhood" challenge. Let's get started!!


For Christmas, my husband gave me a book by Debbie MaComber called "One Simple Act of Kindness". Debbie talks about keeping a grateful journal and how we should be grateful for all things (good or bad).

Today's challenge is to find something to be grateful for in bad times. For example, if you are tired and unhappy with all the snow - just be grateful that we have the snow to water the plants, grass, trees and to fill the lakes and streams. The idea is to write down five things for which you are grateful every day in a journal. You may choose to write a paragraph or just a few words.

(click on image for larger view)

Here is a picture of the journal I made. If you make a journal, why not share a picture of it along with some of the things for which you are grateful? Just leave a comment with a direct link to your project. Here are a few samples I'm grateful to have my "SISTAHS" share with you today!







WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR TODAY?? I know we, here at The Sisterhood, are grateful to have you sharing in our fun each week!! Thanks for visiting with me today and please stop by my blog Terri's Cards n' More to see more samples of my work.

10 comments:

Dawnll said...

I sure am greateful for all you talented ladies!
Great job ladies on those wonderful examples.

Unknown said...

My sisters, you all created such gorgeous projects! Love this one Terri!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Darlene said...

I have to say today, I have SO MUCH to be thankful for!! With my DH being cancer-free for the past year after his stem cell transplant ... 1st & utmost! And I'm so thankful for all the wonderful, supportive friends I have made here in Blogland! And to think I said not all that long ago "what would I need a blog for???" LOL! I could go on and on ... but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about!!
I love Terri's idea of the Gratitude Journal ... certainly helps to keep one's life in perspective!!

Lisa B said...

Of course I am grateful for such a wonderful bunch of ladies that I am proud to call my sisters! They have become my sanity and just talking to them daily makes me both laugh and cry. Sometimes it is my only outlet to the "adult" world.
I am grateful to have so many wonderful, caring and supportive friends and family members. They have been my crutch for the last 3 years and without them I wouldn't be standing here today. Love & friendship is truly the greatest gift that one could receive.
I am also grateful for the short period of time that I had with my two children in heaven. They were here such a short period of time but they taught me so much. Even with the hard times and painful times I am eternally gratefull to have those memories.
Everyday I am grateful to wake up to 2 smiling faces. Even with only a couple of hours of sleep it still warms my heart!
Hugs to you all!

Micki said...

Beautiful projects guys. Every single one. I didn't get a chance to play this week (and hang my head in shame) but I truly am thankful for each of you. You guys never judge, are always there to offer support, encouragement, and friendship. And you guys always get a giggle or full blown belly laugh out of me :-) Love ya girls.

Unknown said...

I found your blog through my wonderful friend Lisa.
Just having recovered from major surgery for breast cancer, I'm so VERY grateful for having my life saved and the love and support of friends both at home and in blog-land. (Lisa, I love you). When I'm a little more mobile, I hope to join in with your challenges. (It won't be long)!
Love'n hugs Viv xx

Jill said...

here's mine

Love all the DT projects, mine is on my blog, thanks for looking. Jill

Deborah March said...

So MUCH to be grateful for! Finding this challenge to add to my list is one! Here's my spring card http://cardsandthings.blogspot.com/2010/04/loving-spring.html

Lenas kort said...

This is my card :-)
http://lenaskort.blogspot.com/2010/04/paskevar-kort.html

Susan Payton said...

Such an interesting and unique blog. I've enjoyed reading it very much, thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com